The Stomp-Head’s 5 design is based on a MTD (Master Tube Design) technology. It is our own groundbreaking technology which permits us to create powerful guitar amplifiers in very compact shape. This technology uses all the significant features of tubes which determine the warm, classic sound of guitar amps. We offer players a fully analog amplifier with extremely light weight, very compact dimensions and powerful sound. The sound characteristics and power of amplifiers based on our MTD technology are equal to the classic tube amps with the same power rating.
The Stomp-Head 5 features three channels: CLEAN, CLASSIC LEAD and HIGH GAIN LEAD, which are accessible by footswitches built into the amp’s chassis or by an external controller.
Each channel represents different sound characteristics which give a great freedom in obtaining a desired sound’s texture of the instrument. The amp is designed to produce a wide arrey of different sounds. From a classic, clean jazzy sound throughout modern DRIVE, up to heavy saturated HIGH GAIN like distortion.
Other than a regular three point EQ (BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE) each channel is equipped with MID/RANGE switches which are designed to change the range of the MIDDLE frequencies. This option is very useful in proper setting of the guitar’s sound in a bands overall mix depending on the style of music played and type of guitar used. Additionally the highest frequency range of the guitar can be altered by the BRIGHT/DARK switch.
Unit is equipped with power selector that allows to set 90Watt or 40Watt and it is designed to work with 4, 8, and 16 ohm cabinets (Power Amp will auto-adjust to speakers impedance)
Stomp-Head can be used also as a guitar preamp without connecting speaker cabinet. LINE OUT with a speaker cabinet simulation allows the connection of the amplifier to a mixer or an external power amp. LINE OUT signal simulates the sound of the CELESTION Vintage 30 cabinet. Device is also equipped with a serial effect loop.
- Power output - 90 Watt / 4ohm, 8ohm,16ohm
- Power brake to 40Watt
- Power stage efficiency: 200Watt
- Speakers impedance auto detection
- Tubes: 12AX7
- 3 channels: CLEAN, Classic LEAD, High Gain LEAD
- 5 footswitches: CHANNEL 1-2-3, BOOST, MUTE
- 1-CLEAN CHANNEL controls: BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, GAIN, VOLUME / switches: MID-RANGE BRIGHT
- 2-CLASSIC LEAD CHANNEL controls: DRIVE, BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, VOLUME / switches: MID-RANGE BRIGHT-DARK
- 3-HIGH GAIN LEAD CHANNEL controls: DRIVE, BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, VOLUME / switches: MID-RANGE, BRIGHT-DARK
- MASTER CHANNEL contlols: NOISE GATE, BOOST, MASTER
- Input GAIN (switch +6dB)
- BOOST: immediate access to two different volume levels
- Serial effect loop
- LINE OUTPUT with speaker simulation
Allows send linear signal with or without simulation or both simultaneously
- INPUT for external channel selector/controller
- MIX-MODE all three of the amps channels can be mixed and used simultaneously
- Power Output selector
- Dimensions: [H x W x Dl] 90 x 330 x 205 mm
- Weight: 2.65kg